Sometimes the beauty industry can be overrun with the “buy, buy, buy” mindset. We are constantly being bombarded with new products, and being told by brands and influencers that we NEED them. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love trying new products and buying beautiful new makeup. But I’m also all for anything that reminds us to be less wasteful, and to appreciate the things we have.
Project Pan is about picking a number of items in your collection that you plan to use up in a certain amount of time. Some people choose not to buy any new products in that time frame, but it’s totally up to you. For January, I am going to focus on my deluxe sample items since I have a lot to use up from beauty boxes and point rewards. I plan to use up 7 items by the end of January, along with the rest of my foil samples, which I’ve also been focusing on lately.
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara – one of my favorites I’ve tried, and I’ve been using it for a couple of months so it’s about time to use it up and move to a new one!
- Tarte Lights, Cameras, Lashes Mascara – one of my least favorite mascaras, as it doesn’t really add much oomph, so I use it for my bottom lashes. I put it in the project to remind myself to use it.
- Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream – I love this product! It’s very smooth and hydrating. I have a few eye cream samples I need to work through, and this is the smallest, so I’m going to focus on using it until it’s gone.
- Bite Lip Crayon in Rhubarb – This is a good product, but not a very exciting color. I’d like to move it out of my collection, which shouldn’t be hard because it’s just a tiny stub left!
- MUFE Step 1 Primer – I just got this in my Sephora box, but have a lot of primers I need to use. I LOVE this, it is very smoothing and mattifying, so I don’t think it will be hard to use this.
- MUFE Lipstick in N1 – This lipstick is also a somewhat boring color, and it gives my lips a weird texture, so I’m also planning to quickly use this up.
- Cover FX Illuminating Primer – I love all the Cover FX primers I have tried. I really like this, and it is definitely illuminating and doesn’t compromise the wear of your makeup. I plan to use this exclusively after I finish the MUFE.
And these are the foil samples I will use up.
What items would you like to focus on using and appreciating in January?
If you enjoy this post, I’d love if you would check out my blog, and subscribe if it interests you!