I have been saving my gift cards in anticipation for this sale forever! I have known I wanted to get some new makeup for my wedding for a while, and it’s a great idea to stock up when things are a little less expensive.
- Tangle Teezer Thick & Curly Detangling Brush – I’ve heard amazing things about this brush, and at first was super skeptical. I didn’t understand how it could be different than any normal brush. But it definitely is different, and so far I like it! It has extra long bristles mixed with short bristles, and they are thin and flexible. It feels kind of strange going through the hair, but detangles very easily. I haven’t tried it on wet hair yet, but I feel like it will do even better with that.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in the shade Luminous Flush – this blush is GORGEOUS. I’m wearing it in this photo:
I currently own one other shade of their blush (Mood Exposure). They apply and blend so smoothly, and the shades are beautiful. I tried the first one I bought during a makeover at Sephora, and when I saw it on my skin I knew I wanted to buy it. At first, I thought the shade was just the perfect blush for my skin, and none of the rest could be as great. Since then, I have tried 2 other shades of their blush and wanted both of them! I went with this one to wear for my wedding day.
- Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation. I have said great things about this already, after sampling it I fell in love. It has about a medium coverage, but is easy to sheer out if desired My makeup truly did still look great after 15 hours. It lasted on me through work and exercise, and I didn’t need to powder or touch up. This is for sure my wedding foundation! I’ll be outside in July and I’m not afraid of this coming off at all.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Lovesick – this was a 100 point reward. Her liquid lipstick formula is one of my favorites I’ve tried, so I was excited I was able to grab this one. I honestly have always hated how I look in pink lipstick, unless it has a brown tone to it, but this one looks pretty and I think it will be good for summer.
- Sephora V for Volume purple mascara. Unfortunately this one was a dud for me and I will be returning. I really like the idea of colored mascara, especially purple, but it doesn’t work for me. I think my lashes are naturally too dark, because it doesn’t show up at all, but the purple can somewhat be seen in the sunlight. It is a good mascara, it added a lot of volume, but it isn’t worth it for me to keep.
- Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50 – This is a repurchase for the one I’m out of. I have only bought the travel size so far, it’s pretty affordable and lasted me all spring last year. I do typically wear sunscreen underneath my foundation, but there are times when I’m going outside and want to put on more but don’t want to ruin my makeup. This is perfect for that! I haven’t found another product like this before, so I will definitely continue to rebuy.
- Devacurl Build up Buster Micellar Water Cleansing Serum – also a 100 point reward. I haven’t tried this yet, so no thoughts, but am planning to review as soon as I use it!
I’m happy with what I got this year! Did anyone else shop the sale? What did you get?